The Community Development Department is responsible for :
- The zoning ordinance, comprehensive plan and other documents that guide land use
- Housing rehabilitation and first time-homebuyer programs
- Subsidized housing programs for qualifying residents
- Economic development and redevelopment efforts
- Small business and commercial rehabilitation loan programs.
Staff members include planners, housing and economic development specialists, and support staff. There are 14 full-time employees in this department.
The Community Development Department has three divisions: